- RSS Channel Showcase 7091046
- RSS Channel Showcase 1181090
- RSS Channel Showcase 5771422
- RSS Channel Showcase 4831835
Articles on this Page
- 01/03/17--22:03: _Canada’s fintech st...
- 01/18/17--08:52: _Microsoft will doub...
- 03/16/17--09:00: _Koho’s mobile finan...
- 03/26/17--10:25: _Don’t soft-launch y...
- 04/06/17--18:05: _Canadian SaaS start...
- 04/07/17--15:10: _Do Canadian tech co...
- 04/16/17--12:10: _Look to Toronto, no...
- 05/09/17--15:03: _Jade Raymond’s EA M...
- 01/03/17--22:03: Canada’s fintech startups thrive as funding in U.S. sector slows
- 01/18/17--08:52: Microsoft will double its AI R&D group in Montreal
- 03/16/17--09:00: Koho’s mobile finance service for millennials launches in Canada
- 03/26/17--10:25: Don’t soft-launch your app in Canada
- 04/06/17--18:05: Canadian SaaS startups, you don’t need U.S. funding
- 04/07/17--15:10: Do Canadian tech companies sell too early?
- 04/16/17--12:10: Look to Toronto, not India, for tech talent
- 05/09/17--15:03: Jade Raymond’s EA Motive studio now employs more than 100 people
(Reuters) – Venture capital-backed investment in Canadian financial technology companies hit its highest level in almost two decades last year, even as the flow of funds into major fintech markets like the United States declined, according to sector data. Fintechs, or companies that use innovative technology to revamp everything from banking to fraud security, globally […]
In conjunction with the Davos conference in Switzerland today, Microsoft announced plans to, in the next two years, double the size of its artificial intelligence (AI) research and development group in Montreal, which it established through the very recent acquisition of startup Maluuba. “Microsoft is excited to engage with faculties, students and the broader tech […]
While many peer-to-peer payment and personal finance services are geared toward the U.S., a new one has emerged to buck that trend. Koho is launching to the general public — starting in every province in Canada except for Quebec — as a mobile hub to help manage people’s finances. The startup has secured a partnership with […]
GUEST: I always feel sorry for Canadian smartphone users. Every time they open the app store they find dozens of new apps, sometimes buggy, sometimes lacking important features. That’s because almost every mobile marketer targeting an international release has the same idea: “Let’s do a soft launch in Canada!” It made sense in the past: Canada is an […]
GUEST: Time and time again, SaaS startups contemplate who they should approach for investment. There’s a general sense in our community that it’s difficult to raise money in Canada. Software startups have this misconception before they do their own digging that they need to go south of the border to raise a round. Yes, there is […]
GUEST: I keep hearing, from numerous people, the complaint that Canadian businesses sell too early, especially when compared to their U.S. counterparts. It’s an interesting notion that is always raised when the sale of a large Canadian tech company happens – BlueCat Networks’ recent $400 million sale is a good example. Rather than just relying on […]
GUEST: Throughout the ’90s, software development executives have considered offshore development as part of their cost management strategy to keep spending down. They did this by outsourcing many functions and projects to Ukraine, India, Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina, or Russia. On Friday morning last week, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services announced that it had already reached […]
Electronic Arts’ Motive studio has grown to more than 100 employees in Montreal, the company said today. The studio’s chief is Jade Raymond, the group general manager in charge of Motive as well as EA’s Visceral studio in Redwood City, Calif. Motive had to ramp up quickly, as EA hired Raymond away from Ubisoft in […]